Workers using machinery may be exposed to several hazards that can lead to injury or even death. In the process of removing or avoiding hazards, workers must learn to recognize the hazards associated with the different types of equipment and safety precautions necessary to prevent those hazards. In this 1-Hour OSHA Machine Guarding Certificate course, you will learn the purpose and importance of machine guarding in preventing injuries.
Complete Your OSHA Machine Guarding Training Online!
Taking our OSHA course online offers these benefits:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as many times as you want
- Work anytime, anywhere - All you need is a computer and access to the Internet
- Course trainer email access for any questions you have
- Allows up to 6 months to complete the course
This course is offered by the University of South Florida OSHA Training Institute Education Center and is not a course or program of the Occupational Safety & Health Administration. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a University of South Florida Certificate of Completion and .1 CEUs.
About the 1-Hour OSHA Machine Guarding Compliance Training
Important topics covered in this course include:
- General requirements for machine guarding and abrasive wheel machinery
- Point of operation and abrasive wheel machinery guarding
- Additional guarding and protection
- Requirements and types of safeguards
- Machinery hazards
- Training, maintenance and repair
When you complete this course, you will:
- Understand the purpose of machine guarding and the common hazards associated with machine guarding
- Know the rules and regulations for safeguarding and the advantages of different types of safeguards
- Be able to identify the standards for effectively guarding abrasive wheels and grinding machinery
- Understand safety considerations, potential hazards including machine guarding maintenance and training