OSHA Hazard Communication Training
The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) was created by the United Nations and serves as the international standard for Hazard Communication. Recent changes to the OSHA Hazard Communication Standards have aligned the United States with the GHS, and training is required to familiarize employers and employees on these changes. With our certificate program, you will learn important information about these changes to hazard classification, labels, safety data sheets, as well as employee training requirements.
- (Intro) Hazard Communication
- Hazard Classification
- Written Hazard Communication Program
- Labels & Other Forms of Warning
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Employee Information & Training
- Trade Secrets
The course will help students:
- Identify and classify hazards in the workplace
- Learn the OSHA regulations for general hazard classification and communication
- Understand the effects of hazardous chemical exposure
- Learn about Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Hazard Communication Programs
This course is offered by the University of South Florida and is not a course or program of the Occupational Safety & Health Administration. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a University of South Florida Certificate of Completion and .1 CEUs.