OSHA created the lockout/tagout standard to cover the servicing and maintenance of machines and equipment in which the "unexpected" energization or start up of the machines or equipment or release of stored energy could cause injury to employees. This OSHA Lockout and Tagout Certificate 1-Hour course, addresses practices and procedures that are necessary to disable machinery or equipment and to prevent the release of potentially hazardous energy while maintenance and servicing activities are being performed.
Complete Your OSHA Lockout and Tagout Training Online!
Taking our OSHA course online offers these benefits:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as many times as you want
- Work anytime, anywhere — All you need is a computer and access to the Internet
- Course trainer email access for any questions you have
- Allows up to 180 days to complete the course
This course is offered by the University of South Florida and is not a course or program of the Occupational Safety & Health Administration. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a University of South Florida Certificate of Completion and .1 CEUs.
About the 1-Hour OSHA Lockout/Tagout Compliance Training
Important topics covered in this course include:
- General requirements for the control of hazardous energy
- Employee protection
- Energy control procedure
- Lockout and tagout procedures and devices
- Training requirements for lockout and tagout procedures
When you complete this course, you will:
- Know how to prevent injuries by controlling hazardous energy as it applies to the lockout/tagout standard
- Be able to identify the requirements and procedures for locking and tagging out machines and equipment
- Understand the employer's training responsibility, as well as the training requirements for authorized and affected employees.